Monday, September 22, 2008

First Shooting Match

I finally shot my first competition match. USPSA 3-gun. Shotgun, Ar-15, pistol. I had a blast. So here's the deal. I felt good about how I shot. For a beginner, not bad. I have never held an AR-15, and I haven't shot a shotgun in about 12 years. I shot the AR pretty well, scoring some difficult hits. I shot the 12 gauge with no problems but loaded very slowly. Pistol was fine. In the end, however, I placed last in my division. I think it was okay. One course I was 8/11 and ahead of some fine shooters.

I did, however, get several "good shooting" comments from better shooters. One of the really good shooters said, "You know, for being brand new, you're really pretty good at this". That was reassuring. I'm definitely looking forward to shooting more. Now I need sponsors so I can afford to shoot often! I'll be checking out some matches in Omaha, NE this fall, and will compete in winter indoor league here in Sioux Falls, SD.

No comments: