Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ammo Shortage?

It would seem that in the days post inaguaration of our new fearless leader Barak Obama,
there is a possible ammo shortage. Looks like everyone is buying up all the ammo they can. My buddy, a police officer called me and let me know there was a "cops only" sale at a local sporting goods store, and he could get me 10% off ammo.
"Sure I said, pick me up 500 rounds of 9mm and 100 rounds of .40"
When my phone rang on the day of the sale, I almost knew what my friend was calling about.
"There isn't one round of 9mm in this whole store"
Crap. I should have seen this coming. All I've got at home is 100 rounds of .40 and 20 rounds of 38! Crap!
"Is there any 40 ammo?" I asked hopefully.
"Yeah"
"Okay, pick me up a couple hundred rounds"
Turns out there was only 6 boxes left of .40 ammo in the store, of which 4 became mine. Had I known it would be that short, I would have bought all 6. I've been trying to trim the budget after buying a house and and getting engaged.
I jumped online the next day to check a website for ammo, and was almost horrified to see that 7 out of 8 pages of 9mm ammo was sold out!
I've been so busy helping my dear and wonderful fiance plan a wedding and buy a house that I didn't put any thought into the whole Obama thing....and now I feel like I've been caught with my pants around my ankles.
Until there's more ammo out there, I'm not shooting much, I'm just hoarding what I have. So much for my indoor USPSA competitions that just started up again......

No comments: