Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Great Read


Recently I've become marginally obsessed with CBS' "The Unit". As its based off a book, I read that book.


"Inside Delta Force" Is a barely sub-400 page book by Eric Haney, one of the first Delta force operators in the late 70's. A first hand account of the formation, selection, training, and life of Delta Force and its soldiers, its a fascinating book. Few books can hold my attention, let alone demand it, but I plowed through this book in no time. If I could read a page quick on the can, then by gum I did.


Sounds to me like a Delta force soldier is one part Army Ranger and one part Spy. Then again, Delta is supposedly highly secretive, so one must wonder, what isn't in this book?


If you are at all into pistol shooting, the training section of this book alone will leave you in awe. Imagine training with all live fire, shooting into a room full of your buddies, planning to hit the mannequins just inches away from their heads. Crazy.

No comments: