Friday, February 13, 2009

Found: Ammo

Not suprisingly, there has been quite the ammo shortage as of late. Finally over the last couple weeks ammo is appearing in stores again. I checked a chain sporting goods store and happened to hit them right after they had gotten a huge shipment of ammo in. For four weeks prior, they recieved 1 (50) round box of ammo each week. I picked up several boxes of 9mm, and a couple of boxes of 40 S&W which were on sale, which I could hardly believe since the availabilty is almost nill. I also picked up one box of 38 spl. That coupled with the 4 boxes of 40 my friend was able to pick up for me actually brought my overall horde to around a thousand rounds. I suppose I'll shoot a little now.


Self-defense ammo, however, is still quite difficult to find. On a weekend trip to Fargo I was able to score a couple boxes of Federal Hydrashocks for my Glock 23, which I was happy to find. Hydrashocks for the .38 spl are still handy in most stores here.

As of last night, my local Wal-Mart had 4 boxes of 9mm, 2 boxes of .38 spl, and no 40 or 45 ammo.


I would love nothing more than to drop a large amount of money and majorly stock up on ammo. A fast approaching wedding, honeymoon, and house purchase is preventing it. At least my fiance is quite good to me and lets me pick up ammo in moderation.

No comments: