Monday, August 18, 2008

Carry Gun




Put some money down for my first carry gun. I'm going to pick it up next week. I'm doing a concert this weekend so I'll make a bit of money I'll put toward it.
Thought I'd just join the band wagon, so I'm getting a S&W 637 airlite (.38spl).

I know, I know. Everyone has one and its not a 45.
Should be a nice little carry gun, though. Eventually, I'll get something a tad larger, but right now I'm confident I can carry this in most circumstances. I don't really want to carry my full size Kimber or Glock 17, and I'm not willing to buy the biggest plaid flannel button-up shirt from walmart just so I can pack a cannon down the sidewalk. A .38spl will do just fine.

Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be taking some instructions from a former Secret Service agent and personal defense instructor. Looking forward to that!
Taking suggestions on the "best" round to carry. (Xavier, you out there?)

2 comments:

Xavier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xavier said...

My favorite round is Federal HydraShoks. However, Speer has a Gold Dot in a +P 135 grain JHP that is the cat's meow. In this case, I'd go with the Speer.

Great choice in a carry gun! Try a Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster for a durable but cheap way to carry it.